cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating JCo Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting a strange problem creating JCo destinations.

I have created a Web Dynpro application on server A using adaptive RFC model that calls RFC located on server B.

When I go to Web Dynpro content administrator to create JCo destinations, the destinations are shown with red icon. I follow the regular steps to create the destinations pointing to server B, but the final message I get is "JCo destination created in SLD". The Icons against the destinations are still red whereas the JCo destinations are shown in SLD against the relevant WebAS Java system for server B.

Thus even though I try to create JCo destinations, they are showing in SLD but not in Content administrator. Can anybody suggest how to resolve this problem? Is this problem because I am trying to set up a connection to a server other than own server ?

Thanks in advance

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Did you define the Server B entry in host file of your system

1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc ,open host file in wordpad

2. *186.25.11.12 *//IP address *apcrmdev * //name of the system #AP CRM DEV Installation No-0000000000 // Other credentials of invoked system

Let me know it it not clear to you.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

I created entry in host file as <IPadrress> followed by <hostname>.

Do I need to do it any other way ? Can you provide a sample entry please ?

Thanks

Amit

Edited by: Amit Dingorkar on Feb 24, 2009 5:40 AM

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Sorry I forget to wrote, You need to restart the server once these changes done ,Please make sure you have put the right credentials there if confuse somewhere ,take the help form BASIS team.

Regards

Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the content administrator, you can do a Test or Ping to the created JCo destinations for B.

[Creating JCo Destinations|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/3a/3b1b40fcdd8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Ensure that SLD is configured for J2EE A and SLD is running.

[Troubleshooting JCo Destinations|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/74/3bce4016d28031e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

Thanks for your responses. I activated the option Ext-RFC enabled and also restarted J2EE engine. When I try to create the destinations using parameters for system A, the icons against them turn green. However when I create destinations using parameters for system B, I get a message "Destination created in SLD" and the icon still remains red.

Is this behaviour because I am trying to call a different system?

The SLD is on system A only . But the RFC functions are on system B.

Please respond..

CHEERS

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to sld and delte the existing JCO destination under the system B.

And then try creating JCO connection from the webdynpro content administrator.

Once you create JCo,it will automatically appear under sld->SystemB->JCO destinations.

Revert back to me incase of any issues.

Regards,

Lavanya.G

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If system B technical system is not existing in system A where the SLD is, [create Technical System ABAP|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f1/92b248db68409487661ff13239127d/content.htm] in the land scape.

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya / Nikhil

I have already created technical system in SLD. I also tried deleting the JCo connection against the TS before creating JCo destination against the web dynpro application. Still no luck. When I create destination , it always sits against the TS in SLD but does not turn the icon against the web dynpro application to green.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks for your inputs.

Finally the problem was resolved. The reason was that the two systems A & B are linked to different SLDs. The workaround I found was to create destinations pointing to system A only and then edit them to update connectivity parameters for system B.

However ,the couple of configurations I had missed were u2013

1. Create a PUBLIC log on group in tcode SMLG on system B with u2018external RFC enabledu2019 checked.

2. Maintain entry sapms<SID> 36<nn> in host file on system A where <SID> and <nn> are system id and system number respectively of system B .

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look at the below thread for help