Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict a user from approving the PO that he had created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Few users have the ability to create and approve Purchase orders.

However, the user should not be able to approve a Purchase order that he has created?

We are on ECC 6.0 on Enhancement Pack 04. Is it possible to achieve through SAP delivered authorization objects?

Appreciate your suggestions ASAP..

Thanks

Kee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible, when you define the PO workflow. I hope the same has not maintained in your SAP system landscape. Visit the below website, which details you the steps:

http://www.sap-img.com/workflow/workflow-of-purchase-requisition-release-strategy.htm

Rgds,

Raghu

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are separate document types which he can create and which he can approve then i guess it is possible.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer

Thanks for your response..

Will a user create a PO of one document type and approve the same PO with another document type?

Can we achieve the P2P process by changing the doc type for a PO#?

Can we elaborate on your thoughts..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible, when you define the PO workflow. I hope the same has not maintained in your SAP system landscape. Visit the below website, which details you the steps:

http://www.sap-img.com/workflow/workflow-of-purchase-requisition-release-strategy.htm

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

We have PO workflow built (release stretegy) but I have not found an option to restrict the creation and approval at the user level..

0 Kudos

Hi Kee,

While releasing a purchase order there is a release code associated with it. It can be controlled by the object M_EINK_FRG. It contains the release code and group. If you restrict the access to this object for release along with transaction ME28. He will not be able to release it.

And there are seprate Tcodes for creating a PO and releasing a PO. So there shouldnt be any problem at all!

You create a PO using ME21n and you release it using ME28.

Best,

CP

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response..

My case is different. Specicific set of users should be able to create PO and release POs. But they should not be able to release POs for the orders that they have created.

This means they will have access to Me21n(create) and ME29N(release). But they should just not have access to release POs for the ones they created..

Sorry if this was not clarified in my first post..

0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to define your release strategy accordingly such that if a PO is created by a particular purchasing group (buyer) then the strategyA should come in picture if by another set of buyer then strategyB should be activated. This can be possibly defined at the charatceritic level for classification and is more of a MM functional know how rather than authorizations. Obviously, authorizations would come into picture if there are seperate release codes assigned to the release strategy and the users role has authorization to other release codes except for the strategy for his purchasing group.

M_EINK_FRG as already mentioned would be the object used.

regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

I suppose it was a fault on my end.. I did not completely understand that bit.

I am now assuming that you are using a workflow to determine the release strategy. If that is the case you can easily have it configured to pick up a releaser different from the creator, SInce the restrictions will be based on a release code. It does solve the purpose.

Best Wishes,

CP

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your response.

We will continue working on segregating the release strategy. But also exploring the option of doing a user level validation through user exits.

Thanks

Kee