cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Invoke error: Status (500): Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BLS with a WebService action. I am testing the WebService call with each operation within the wsdl address. I used the wsdl address to make the call. I selected the only port available. There are several operations available. This WebService call is successful for all operations except for one. The operation that fails, I get the following errors in the "ServletExec.log" for this one operation. Can you tell me where the issue may be?

"SOAP Invoke error: Status (500): Internal Server Error"

"java.lang.Exception: Status (500): Internal Server Error"

"at com.lighthammer.webservice.SoapClient.invoke(Unknown Source)"

"at com.lighthammer.xacute.actions.webservice.WebServiceAction.RawInvoke(Unknown Source)"

"at com.lighthammer.xacute.actions.webservice.WebServiceAction.Invoke(Unknown Source)"

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually, a 500 error like this is occurring on the server that is providing the web service, not the MII server. Perhaps you are passing bad parameters to the web service and it is responding with an error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We verified that the parameters that we were passing from MII were correct. The web service provider is looking into their code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris, there's a trace or debug flag on the Web Service Action. Set an incoming link on this parameter to "true", and it will dump the entire web service communications to the log, and you'll be able to see a more detailed error message.

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Web Service had been "Reversed Engineered". In doing this, the parameters had been changed in the Web Service. This created a "break" on MII's side (i.e. MII was still trying to pass the authentication token to the parameter named "authenticationToken", instead of passing it to the parameter named "paramString1".).

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (0)