cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Count - LX26 vs LICC

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I would like to confirm the functionality for the above stock take transactions. If I have multiple materials set with different cycle count indicator and these materials can be placed in the same storage bin, does that mean that I should be running LICC instead of LX26 if I only want to stock take those materials that are valid for the stock take period?

What is the disadvantage here with using LICC? That the block will only apply to the quant but not the bin?

Appreciate clarification on the above.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have multiple materials set with different cycle count indicator and these materials can be placed in the same storage bin, does that mean that I should be running LICC instead of LX26 if I only want to stock take those materials that are valid for the stock take period?

Yes, LICC is the appropriate method , since this will not block the whole bin.

It will only block the related quant of the material and "inventory active" indicator will be set on the quant.

What is the disadvantage here with using LICC? That the block will only apply to the quant but not the bin?

Yes already answered

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ... counting by bin will obviously block the bin for th duration of the count, where as counting by quant will block the quant in your bin. THis is more useful if you have multiple products in a single bin, which it seems you have.

The difference in the transactions is just that. How you construct your documents may also need to be considered, for instance if you have multiple bins on a single count document you may be blocking other bins for a longer period of time.