cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Adobe LIfeCycle Designer 8.0 into NetWeaver Development Studio 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I need to integrate Adobe LIfeCycle Designer 8.0 into NetWeaver Development Studio, the issue is that I have installed Adobe LifeCycle but I wanted to know how in integrated into Netweaver Development Studio 7.0

Thanks very much in advance,

Armando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following documents explain the steps to be followed in Installing NWDS and Adobe Life cycle designer 7.0, may be a bit out dated

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50289b6a-5373-2910-91bd-b8196737...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armando,

If u have installed NWDS, during the NWDS there is a checkbox to include Adobe LiveCycle Designer.However , NWDS 7 setup includes designer 6.0.

Case 1 : If u have not checked the above checkbox during NWDS installation.You can directly install any Designer version.

Case 2 : If u have checked the checkbox during NWDS installation , when u install designer 7 or 8 it will give a message saying A version of designer already exists,In the above scenario, you will have to either uninstall desginer 6(if possible) or reinstall NWDS without checking the Desinger Checkbox.After that you can install any designer version u want.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Virag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virag

Thanks for your anwer, but the problem is that I have already installed Adobe LIfeCycle Designer 8.0 (I installed this in an installation of Adobe Professional or something) and NetWeaver Development Studio 7 but one doesn't know of the existence of the other. What I wanted use the Adobe inside Netweaver, may be there is a way to import an external program and be used inside Netweaver.

Thanks,

Armando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would suggest you try installing NWDS first and then the Adobe Designer.Till then i will try to recreate your scenario and let you know if i succeed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armando,

Sorry for the delay in answer.

Looks like you fit into case 2 of my above mentioned scenarios.

A slightly informal way to achieve what you want is to manually create a .xdp file. and open it with Adobe Designer. Once your OS is set to opening all .xdp files with Adobe LC Designer it should do the same when you open a interactive form from NWDS.

However, the above method is more of a workaround.To be 100% sure you should reinstall NWDS first and then the adobe LC designer.

Please let me know if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look at the below thread

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Armando,

If you have already installed NWDS, just install Adobe LIfeCycle Designer 8.0. Create an InteractiveForm UI element in Web Dynpro. Right click on it and select Edit. Then Adobe LIfeCycle Designer opens InteractiveForm for editing.

Regard,

Siva