cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we run the SNP Optimizer in the background scheduler, several buckets don't get planned and are missing planned orders. When we run it in the foreground, that is in Interactive SNP Planning, it works fine and plans for every bucket.

I checked at the parameters and everything looks fine. I also checked the Optimizer Log data. When we run it in the background I get a warning message saying that the Non-delivery penalty cost is too low, but again, when we run it in Interactive SNP Planning screen it works fine.

Thanks

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check cost profile (what values maintained for individual cost) and various cost maintained in master data (For your background job).

It will drop the demand in case Cost of nondelivery (in SNP2 tab) is lower than total cost of delivery (Prod cost + delay cost + Transportation cost etc.) when you use optimiser for cost minimization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for both replies but why would it work in the foreground but not in the background job?

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi robert,

sorry I did not reply earlier. I was on leave.

I have a small suspicion. please check.

The varient you have created for background run contains some planning horizon. From date & to date. Due to this the planning takes place for certain period only. When you run in foreground, the optimizer runs for the entire period defined in data view.

In background you are probably using same data view but mentioning some planning horizon.

Bye

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I was just wondering if you had this problem resolved, as I am facing a similar issue at my project. Was the problem with the horizon in the variant like Nithin said? Please let me know.

Cheers,

Miki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if optimization profile used in interactive planning is different from the background mode.

For the background mode optimization profile try maintaining relative Penalty costs considerably high.

If you don't maintain any penalty costs optimizer will skip creating orders as there is no costs affected if that specific requirement is not met.

Check for the material & capacity availability, in case if some other order(for a different mateiral probably using the same resource) has more penalty costs it will consider that first.

Hope this helps