cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Service SAP<SID>_01 won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system service won't start. When trying it states:

'The service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.'

The path it is following is :D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv.exe pf=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS30_<server>, and the user that is attached to it is good and tested.

A kernel upgrade had happened on this system about a month ago, but it had since been stopped and started a couple times. I don't know what happened for it to get in this state, just walked into it last week. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

Thanks for your suggestions. Of course it ended up being human error. I had switched a shared folder's name (saploc) to a different location and it messed everything up. I still don't know how I had found the answer but it worked. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the file sapstartsrv.log under the path D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS30\work. This file would explain the exact error.

Thanks,

Varun

Edited by: Varun Sadhotra on Feb 26, 2009 9:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to start with <SID>adm or SAPService<SID> user.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first place to look would be the Windows event log....

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Markus is right, in the Windows Event log, check in the APPLICATION section. Check all recent errors relating to SAP[SID]_01.

possible problems:

missing path, deleted executable or even bad startup profile path, name or contents.