cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download of SAP Netweaver Developer studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to download SAP Netweaver developer studio.

I searched on service.sap.com where I could find some support packages but not any installable.

Where will I find the full installable(exe)

Can I install SAP netweaver developer studio using these support packages. How do I install using the support packages.

We have SAP MI 2.5 SP09 installed on our system. Which service pack of SAP Netweaver developer studio should I install.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the info.

I have downloaded the NWDS.

Please let me know if any docs are available for upgrading SAP Web AS from Sp9 to sp14. How much time does it take.

It would be helpful if you provide some inf o on any problems that I could face while upgradation from SP9 to SP14.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

There are already some posts in WebAS general on how to upgrade your WebAS. kindly search for them. As far as i know there are no documentation available for upgradation.

At the max, it should take only 10-14 hours to upgrade.

The upgradation goes like this :-

*. Stop the server

1. Kernal Patch - after this start the server.

2. SPAM Patch - Transaction code SPAM in client 000 user DDIC.

3. ABAP Patch - Transaction code SAPM in client 000 user DDIC.

4. J2EE Patch - A Installable like SAPinst.exe file

You can jump from sp09 to sp14 for J2EE stack right away.

But for ABAP patches, you should go step by step. ie. you have to add patches 09,10,11,12,13,14 - all of it can be found from Service.sap.com/swdc. you may do it at one go - by putting them in a queue in SAPM and let the system do it one by one. The same procedure for SPAM Patches (level 19) - yours will be in level 17.

Kernel patch is just copy pasting the files into its directory. it will get over in no time.

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

If your question is answered, kindly mark the thread solved.

Regards

Ak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have a query regarding the SP version of SAP Netweaver developer studio.

As I have mentioned, we have SAP MI 2.5 SP9 installed here. We want a NWDS compatible with SAP MI 2.5 SP9 as we are not upgrading the MI server.

Is SP14 of NWDS compatible with SAP MI 2.5 SP9

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

You may go for <b>NWDS-SP09</b>. but i would strongly advise you to Upgrade your <b>MI server to SP14</b>. Lots of things didn't work for me when i was using SP09 they only worked after i upgraded to SP14.

look for the same file as i said in my previous post instead of 14 search for 09. you will find the SP09 version of NWDS.

Last time we once tried to work with Client SP09 with NWDS SP13. It worked..

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

You will find .SAR files in service market place. Unpack it using <b>SAPCAR.exe -xvf <filename.sar></b> and you will get a Installable directory. You may install it from there. Look for this file <b>JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR</b> this file pertains to SP14 of NWDS.

Regards

Arunkumar