cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Mapping Error in PI 7.1 - External Definitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have just upgraded to PI 7.1 from 7.0 and run into an issue with message multi-mappings, just wondered if anyone else had met the same issue and worked it out...

When creating a message mapping, we are using as the target an external definition which is defined by an XSD generated by a third party tool (Seeburger).

When I map 1:1 (1 source message to one target message) in the message mapper, all is fine but if I try to create a multi mapping, I get an error. The process is:

a) I have a message mapping with one target message, defined as an External Definition.

b) I then go to Signature tab and add a second target message as an External Definition

c) Click back to Definition tab

d) Get the error "Object XXXXX | YYYYY not found" - where XXXXX is the external def name and YYYYY is the namespace (the SWCV namespace that is, not the XML namespace)

This only seems to happen with External Definitions which are autogenerated and I strongly suspect that is has to do with the fact that the tool that generates them always does so without an XML namespace. I have not proved this though (other Ext Defs with namespaces work for multi-mappings but that is not the only difference so I can't be sure that is the issue but have a strong hunch. This problem did not occur in 7.0.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

What you have done for this. We are facing the same issue.

We are not using external defination also. We are using normal message type only.

When I switch back to defination tab, i am getting the same error.

Thanks mate.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This would not be of much help but, I was able to encounter this issue in XI 3.0.

What we did was to manually edit the XSD and add a namespace to it. I'm not sure if PI 7.1 is able to handle mutiple namespaces, so we limited it to this value <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> and made sure that this value is used for all the External Definitions used in the multi-mapping.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI is namespace dependant, whenever you create a multimapping the namespace is extended with

<ns0:Messages>

<ns0:Message1/>

<ns0:Message2/>

So the XSD will fail due to incorrect validation.

Hope this helps.

Greets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

It seems that the issue is with either the XML file format,PI is not able to recognize the structure or external definition. try checking the validity of the XSD using XML spy or some third party software.

Regards,

Pavan