cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE to delete WebserviceID's from CAT Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there something like a RHOMATTRIBUTES_DELETE? I'd like to be able to clean up Webservice ID's from the CAT attribute for suppliers we no longer shop from.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

I am unable to get it to work conditionally. Sure, I can wipe out the attribute for all entries for CAT, but I want to be able to pick and choose which ones get wiped out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking to do it for 80,000 people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is quite easy to delete attributes. Use FM: BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES, replace the attribute you want with nothing. I saw you tried the FM with some dramatic results, but I think it is the way to go.

To achieve this:

Set parameter REPLACE_P to X (this will overwrite the attribute you specify even if it is empty)

Enter the attribute you want cleared but don't put any value on the structure other than the attribute ID, I tested with the CAT attribute and had no problem deleting it (SRM 5.0).

Another option would be to explore the RHINFTY function modules with infty 1222 (table where most attributes are maintained).

And the last option is to just write a custom program to delete the rows you need to have deleted, the 2 tables you will have to update are hrt1222 and hrp1222.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I first tried using BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES it replaced my whole list of CAT attributes.

Let's say I have the following for CAT:

GRAINGER_CAT

OFFICE_MAX_CAT

STAPLES_CAT

Now, we don't want anyone to access Staples any more, but don't want to touch the other two.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can delete CAT attribute value STAPLES_CAT in PPOMA_BBP ( CAT= STAPLES_CAT).Dont touch these following two

GRAINGER_CAT

OFFICE_MAX_CAT

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think there is any for this requirement. But you can give this function module BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES a try. This should help.

Regards

Kathirvel