cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check settlement rule at save WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question and I'd very thankful if someone answered me.

I would need create a validation in the at save on CJ20N transaction. This validation should check settlement rule ( Really is need that checks fixed asset in the settlement rule).

We are usign this BADI WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE and the method AT SAVE, is this possible to check in this BADI :

1. WBS status ( current status, not information stored in JEST table)

2. and check that WBS division is the same as Fixed asset division ( ANLA) , being fixed asset the reciver in the WBS settlement rule. ????

really our problem is that we are not sure how to retrieve information at this point from another tables different from PROJ, PRPS, RCJ_PRPSUP and SYST.

Thank you!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidhar,

in the Method AT SAVE you can call the next code:

DATA

: lt_jest_tab TYPE TABLE OF jest_upd

IMPORT jest_tab TO lt_jest_tab

FROM MEMORY ID 'JEST_UPD'.

through that code you can see whether the status was changed or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can look at table COBRB for settlement rules by giving the WBS element object number as input. BAPI_BUS2054_GET_STATUS will return the active system/user status for a given WBS element number. This will be the same "active" list of statuses currently set for the WBS element (JEST-INACT indicator).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidhar!!!!

Thank you very much for your reply!!! We are trying to use that BAPI for check WBS status before it is saved.

Related to settlement rule information our problem is we don't know how obtain information from another table different from PROJ, PRPS, ....in this BADI, ( really is a technical question). We are creating a WBS ( which it has not be saved yet), settlement rule information is going to be saved in COBRA and COBRB but it is not yet.

Do you know how do I have to program it in order to obtain this information?

Thanks a lot!!!

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not a technical consultant, but I believe the problem you are having is when creating a new WBS element rather than updating an existing one. When a new WBS is created, the settlement rule is saved after the WBS element is saved, because it stores the rules using the object number. Also, when there is a settlement rule exists for the WBS element, it will get a system status of SETC, but I am not sure if this status would be available before the WBS is saved to the database.

One way to deal with this may be using a user status that will prevent business transactions from happening, unless the system status SETC has been set on the WBS element. Please get with your functional PS person to talk about this option.