cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform exception errors on creation of form

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm calling a smartform from within another function module related to inbound idoc creation. When processing the idoc I called the smartform with setting to archive the smartform with data from the inbound idoc. In acceptance testing we are getting processing error on the smartform. The main function module short dumps with the smartform return code = 3 which is send error in the exception errors of the smartform function. In turn leaves the idoc current status as 64 as the Idoc didn't complete the process. Has anyone seen this error when processing smartforms?

My setting for the smartform processing are --

Output_options

tdarmod = '2'. "only archiving

tdimmed = 'X'.

tdnewid = 'X'.

Dara setting

function = 'DARA'.

mandant = sy-mandt.

sap_object = gc_object.

ar_object = gc_archobj.

object_id = gv_cqnum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that it works allright in the development system. Smartforms is very tricky with its error messages. maybe you can do a test. Change the smartform in such a way that only 1 simple field is printed. PUt the rest awy with output conditions "if 1 eq 2" so it can be easily put back in its originalstate.

If it works OK then the problem is mosly an overflow of 1 of (the very many) smartform fields.

Let me know.

Gr. Frank

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked those items and it appears that they are OK. Thank you for the feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check the function module where you are calling the smart form.May be smartform is not called properly.

Regards,

Sravanthi