Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV in Microsoft Excel 2000

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am trying to use ALV functionality in Web Dynpro ABAP. When downloading to excel I only see the xml data. Is it possible to use the ALV functionality with Microsoft Excel 2000? If not, is there anyway to use the framework by doing some modifications?

Thanks!

/Elvez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

note 1080608 solved the problem. I executed report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN and then the problem was solved.

/Elvez

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've never needed to use Office 2000 with WDA ALV myself, so I can't say if this works; but check out OSS note 1064756. It would seem to indicate a fix that allows support for Excel 2000 and 97 - although technically these older releases are not support by SAP any longer because Microsoft has discontinued support for them.

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the reply. OSS note 1064756 is already in the system. When I look at the code, via the debugger, it seems to follow the path for Excel 2000/97. In other words, SAP supports Excel 2000. Nevertheless, when I open the excelsheet it displays the xml data:

MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Document-Type: Worksheet
Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_NextPart_123"

------=_NextPart_123
Content-Location: file:///C:/xyzhtm
Content-Transfer-Encoding: text/html
Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:alv="http://www.sap.com/ALV/2.5" ...>

I tried to remove the part before the <html>-tag and then everything worked fine. Do you know if there is a way to remove the initial information before and after the <html>-tags?

Thanks!

/Elvez

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I suggest that before you try modifying your system that you should open a support ticket and get clarification. Reference the OSS Note and detail your situation. Perhaps a fix can be provided by SAP even though we don't technically support that release of Excel any longer.