cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Posting change notices and quants in 922 interim storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WM Gurus;

According to my customizing, after some stock movements(321 and 322) for created posting change notices the system creates transfer orders as confirmed. It works most of time. But sometimes somehow the system blocked for some reasons and some posting changes stand as open in system.So we have positive and negative quants in interim storage types. Do somebody know any oss note or anohter solution about this problem.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thank you everyone for the interest.

Its my first theread in forums and very nice to get answers so quickly.I was thinking that it is a common problem for all users.As far as i unterstood its not a system problem. So i was curious about that is there any Oss note for this subject. But i see that its a desing problem belong to us.

But i will focused on this cases and if i find a system based problem will write in forums.

Thank you everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the answer is in most cases simple.

The posting change is generated in MM and then 2 Quants are created in 922.

One negative

One positive

The negative quant will be merged with a quant in the warehouse

The positive quant will be put into the warehouse where the original quant was residing.

If there are more than quants in the warehouse available or the only one quant is blocked, the system cannot swap the quants automatically.

In this cases with LU04 you can mark the material and create the TO's in foreground out of the quantlist.

Is this anwering your question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that the PCN TOs are not confirming when they are created? and there fore the PCN remains open?

If this is the case, it could be for a number of reasons. There may be open TOs on the stock that are preventing the PCN to get the material. For example the other TOs are reserving the material before the PCN. Another reason could be for batch quantities, if you are not posting a change for the full quantity then the PCN may not process as it may not know what portion of material to change if for instance you are using SUM or HUM, or if the material is spread across multiple Storage bins.

If you need more let me know... or provide some more specific information.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So we have positive and negative quants in interim storage types. Do somebody know any oss note or anohter solution about this problem.

About what?

1. If you are searching for the reason why PCNs cannot be processed, you should give more details (e.g. error message no.)

2. If you want to make order in your WH: you have to close open PCNs (LU02) and do the job manually. You have to move the positive quant from 922 to the normal bin where it is physically and you have to find the counterpart of the negative quant lying in 922 and move it from normal bin to 922.

(counterpart means quant of same characteristics; you can use LT01 /LT10)

Regards,

Csaba