Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in CE EHP1 for Adaptive RFC2 applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Errors while creating application with Adaptive RFC2. Steps what i did

1 . Created one webdynpro project.

2 . Created model under webdynpro project with one RFC.

3 . Mapped RFC to controller (tried both using service controller also & normal mapping also )

4 . Just printed some message in view(wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Test");).

5 . created application for webdynpro project (No UI element added to view, nothing i did in view).

6 . deployed & run application.

This is very simple applications. (not even singe line of code written in controller )

Problems :

1. Getting exception while running application

java.lang.NullPointerException 
    at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.checkProperties(DefaultDestinationManager.java:405)
    at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.update(DefaultDestinationManager.java:142)
    at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.searchDestination(DefaultDestinationManager.java:292)
    at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(DefaultDestinationManager.java:90)
    at com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(JCoDestinationManager.java:61)
    ... 82 more

2. Some applications before migration from adaptive RFC to adaptive RFC2 it is working fine(which is developed in CE 7.1 SP5). After migration same above exception is coming for working application in CE 7.1 SP5.

3 . If i remove mapping between model & controller it is not showing any exception, but without mapping how can execute RFC from webdynpro application.

I am not able proceed further developments.. because of above exceptions

Please try to help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create the destinations with the same name you have used to create RFC models?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/7e/6dbcea3700452195e3bddaa47c5906/frameset.htm

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No problem with destinations.

With same destinations i am able to created adaptive RFC model, it is working fine(but deprecated in CE EHP1). If i try to created Adaptive RFC2 model getting exceptions.

Regards,

Satya.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then it may the problem of corrupt Plug-ins.I had some problem with CE 7.1 EHP1 NWDS later I came to know that it was due to Plug ins .Check with others.

Regards

Satish Kumar