Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server for Multiple Landscapes

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP DMS Experts

I am working for client who has 3 SAP Ladscapes running in 3 different versions( 4.6,4.7,Ecc 6.0).I am Implementing SAP DMS in each Landscape.I want to suggest a cost effective but a valid solution to client with respect to following points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Guys Typed Half and saved

Dear SAP DMS Experts

I am working on a project where I have to propose my client a cost effective yet valid proposal for Installation

of content servers for Multiple Landscpes ( 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 6.0 ).

My question is

1. whether I can Install one content server for all landscapes?if yess what are its advantages and drawbacks?

2. If I use seperate content server for Individual Landscape what are its advantages and drawbacks?

Offcourse Using One instead of Seperate content server is cost effective but I am not able to Imagine with my experience

what will be advantages and drawbacks for both the scenarios.

request your help .

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can link a single content server to multiple SAP instances.

The disadvantages are primarily around bandwidth. I.e. if you put a content server at the local sites you are less likely to pull documents over the WAN so sometimes its worth having a decentralised architecture, particularly with large files like cad drawings.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

Thanks for your reply.I have other query.

Each Landscape is of different version start from 4.6 to 6.0 . My query is I cannot install Latest version of Content server for 4.6, because there must be some compatibility issue.Where will I get this compatibility data so that I can install a content server which is compatible to that version.

Request your Help.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande