cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter: How to send data as a simple text file attachment?

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a proxy to file scenario, where i write data to a text file.

Now, i need to have a second receiver. I have to send an email, with the above file as an attachment, to this receiver.

How can i do this?

How can i send the data as a text file attachment to the receiver?

Many Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To send the message to the second receiver you need to have:

1) Necessary mail message format (can download from service marketplace)

2) Receiver mail communication channel.

3) Create the necessary Configuration Objects .... Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, Receiver Agreement.

3) You can do a XSLT mapping (if required)....if no complex logic is needed then you can do a simple Message mapping.

4) In the receiver CC make sure that you check the Adapter Specific Message Attribute checkbox.

For more info you can refer my answer in this thread:

Also refer the blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can do that, find below link for more help

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please refer to

Also you may like to go through

/people/pere.diaz/blog/2005/07/14/broadcasting-reports-via-mail-with-pdf-attachment

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

Rgds

joel

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The text file is created at the adapter engine level and then posted to file system. Therefore you have to anyhow read the file system. You may create another scenario File to Mail. This could use any dummy file as sender file and add the text file (created in first scenario) under additional parameters. This file would then act as attachment. You may directly transfer this file to mail receiver with Keep Attachments option.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use MessageTransformationBean adapter module for this. Please try searching for this in forum.you will get it

Regards

Sowmya

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search Forum first.

Query like same already answered.