cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple IDOC Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI folks,

I am learning and testing IDOC-TO-FILE scenario. I would appreciate if you can tell me some simple IDOC names that have very simple structures like 1 Control Record and just 1 Data Record. Then I will import them from R/3. The reason I am asking this is I could import some IDOCs from the R/3 system. When I opened these structures, I noticed they are very complex structures. I thought and felt that the mapping would be so complex becasue each of those IDOCs have so many data records. I know it would difficult for me to map those IDOCs from the file.

So please help me leanring XI by giving simplSe IDOCs so that I can start mapping easily.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see this blogs which will help u in creating purchase orders and sales order and sample mapping also.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/03/creating-purchase-order-idoc-through-xi

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/28/creating-sales-order-through-idoc

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vanaja,

If the only reason that you want a simple IDOC structure is to avoid the mapping complexity, just do a STRAIGHT map on all fields of the source and destination IDOC.

This is an excellent blog on an IDOC to FILE scenario, just go through it and get back to us if you need any further help,

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards,

Bhavesh