Did you mean: 

Java code for soap client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following scenario:

there is 3rd party application (Sending SOAP Request)->SAP XI->IDOC

We are using sender SOAP Adapter,we have done the following:

->We have generated WSDL by using define webservice from Integration Directory.

->We have provided wsdl to 3rd party.

3rd Party application is a java based application based on OAS(Oracle Application Server).

The application, should act as a SOAP Client sending a SOAP request to XI.

The XI version which is being used here is XI 7.0 SP 18.

We want to test this with java code by sending SOAP Request to XI .Is it available?Can u please share some blogs for the same?

Best Regards,

Harleen Kaur Chadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Webservice studio, my favourite.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/19/xi-webservice-studio--a-plain-jane-soap-tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies,

but my question is I am not having any webservice hosted for the message to be sent.I want to know if any webserver can act as a soap client and trigger request to XI.without actually hosting webservice.

Will such scenario work?I want to test it with simple java code not with these third party tools,etc.

Please tell me is it possible design?

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes A webserver can act as SOAP client provided it has inbuilt SOAP sending CAPABILITIES or you made it by deploying necessary SOAP Framework jar files along with your custom code.

- gujjeti.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if any webserver can act as a soap client and trigger request to XI.without actually hosting webservice.

When you use "Define Web Service" option in ID, the web service gets hosted on XI server. So no other webserver required. You just download the client on any local machine in same network and there are no additional requirement for sending data to XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there is nothing that you need to do,

you have to use a client to make the call to your XI,

for that there are many tools available.

stylus, soap ui etc.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I want to know if any webserver can act as a soap client and trigger request to XI.

without actually hosting webservice."

In all the webservers have the capability of making applications global.

To make webserver act as soap client,configuration files of that webserver needs to be changed on the server side.

Generally all the 3rd party tools such as altova xml spy,stylus have the capabilities of sending message to other systems(such as XI).

Thanks,

Naresh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use SOAP AXIS client.

You can also use XML spy, SOAP UI etc.............