cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all,

Which is a better solution(based on performance)?

BPM or DATABASE LOOKUP?

I have a scenario in which i need to call a stored procedure whose output is to be given as inpout to other stored procedure and the output of second stored procedure is to be mapped to a target file.

How can i acheive this?solutions are welcome.

Relating to this scenario which one is better.A Database lookup or the use of BPM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPM solution is the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anoop,

Regarding solutions of achieving your goals:

1. Using mapping lookups:

Create two mapping programs. In the first one your input message will be mapped to intermediate structure - the first lookup will be executed. The output of this mapping will be used as input of the second mapping program. And this second one will execute second lookup, giving you your final result. In interface mapping just put these two mapping programs one after another (from top to bottom). Reference in sap help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm see "Executing Multiple Mapping Programs for One Direction".

2. Using bpm:

your process will look like

0-receive step-transformation(if needed)-synchronous send step to DB_1-transformation(if needed)-synchronous send step to DB_2-transformation(if needed)-asynchronous send step to file-0.

that's it!

Regards,

Dmitriy

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lookups could be used only for single values. So if you intended to return multiple values then you have to use BPM. In case of single values, if the number of records making such lookups is too large, then the performance of both the approaches would remain almost same. In case of less number of records, lookup would be better.

Regards,

Prateek