cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ApplicationNotAvailableException on handheld

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed Creme 3.24 and MI 2.5 on an Intermec CK31 handheld. It connects to the network and successfully syncs when we run MI, but the application it downloads during the sync will not start and the log files show the "ApplicationNotAvailableException" and "ClassNotFoundException" for the main class of the application. It acts like it is not finding the .jar file at all (it is an AWT application, not JSP). The same setup works fine on a laptop, but obviously there is some configuration difference somewhere.

Any clues as to where else to look?

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been resolved, but I am not positive as to the root cause of the problem.

We un-installed the existing version of creme and the MI code, installed version 3.27 of CrEme, reinstalled MI and the app ran first time after doing the sync.

What I did not try was to uninstall Creme 3.24 and MI and reinstall them. So I don't know if it was the version of Creme or if it was just a flawed install of something.

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Can you find your <application>.jar in the SAP Mobile Infrastructue\lib folder of your CK31 handheld device.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the .jar file is in the lib directory of the SAP MI install. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the person that installed MI on the handheld installed it with a home directory of "\MI" instead of "\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure" like you would see on a PC. I thought that this might be causing problems, but I can't see anywhere (other than the two listofjars files) that the directory is specified. And yes, I have tried various modifications to the listofjars files and still get the same result.

The config seems to be okay as it is finding the application name and finding the main class name, but it acts like it can't find the .jar file at all, or is expecting it to have a different name.

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Adam,

Your MCD - Mobile Component Descriptor Name should be same as your MI Application Name (what you find in the Constants.Java file). Then upload it in your Webconsole with the same MCD name and put (download) it in your Client.

Did this happen in your case?

the equation is <b>MI_APPLICATION NAME = JAR FILE NAME = MCD NAME</b>; <i>Courtsey: Jo!</i>

Regards

ak

Message was edited by: Arunkumar Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we made sure all of these where set correctly. It downloads fine, it just won't run.

Thanks,

Adam