cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG1 not updating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have done Goods Receipt with movement type 651(Returns from Customer)

but RG1 register is not updating.

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ru sure?

That you want to Update RG1 for Customer Returned Goods?

Confirm once again with your client. In our Case, Customer Returned Materials will not update RG1, instead it will update CENVAT Register & they adjust the entries through J1IH- not by issuing Excise Invoice ( bcoz in Returns, Exicse Invoice is not an outgoing Excise Invoice)- SO we dont create J1IIN for Customer Returns, instead we adjust excise entries ( either wrt matieral doc / Billing doc) in J1IH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which tab in J1IH shall i select for making adjusments for customer returns?

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in J1IH for returs you have to use other adjustments and enter the document no and year select RG23A

Regards

srini

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Adjustments for Excise Returns

Go to TCode J1IH, input your original excise invoice number

Customer Credit

Choose the "Additional excise" input the original excise invoice reference, document year, company code, plant and excise group and execute. There input manually what value you need to give credit and save.

Cenvat Debit

Choose "Other Adjustment" and here also, maintain the datas whatever you input as above and save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why i need to choose "Additional excise" & choose "Other Adjustment" since in my clients system its only updating RG23A & CENVAT when i select "Additional excise" or "Other Adjustment".

i think it is necessary to update customer A/C?

Regards,

Amol

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When CUstomer returns goods, for which you are already collected excise from the customer.

You need to reverse those excise entries in Customer account & at the same time you have to book into RG23A/Cenvat register mentioning they returned goods.

inflow of FG should update in registers too, which should not be RG1, & it should be CENVAT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

But if i am giving Credit memo for returns then also is it necessary to post JV through J1IH(Additional Excise) for customer?

my credit memo has got Total Amount= Basic Price + Excise Duty+ Education Cess + higher Education Cess.

Regards,

Amol

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to reverse the excise entries we should follow the J1IH.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this is because the movement type 651 will not be there in

SPROLOGISTICS GENERAL-TAX ON GOODS MOVEMENTS-INDIA--BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS-INCOMING INVOICE---SPECIFY WHICH MOVEMENT TYPES INVOLVE EXCISE INVOICE

ALSO BE SURE THAT U WANT TO TAKE RETURNS TO THE SAME STORAGE LOCATION AS OF ISSUE

REGARDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In the above said path there will not be 651 movement type assigned

So first u take returns to some storage location "returns stor location" and now u trans fer the stock to BSR with 911 movement type

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

where is the setting which will update RG1 register for customised movement type?

ie. for customised movement type it should update RG1 register...

Regards,

Amol