cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolManager 4 error: System Call failed/note does not exist on RHEL5/Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

I'm trying to install SAP Solution Manager 4 on RHEL5 64bit + Oracle Central Instance all on one host. I'm installing in a virtual machine powered by VMWare Workstation 64bit with the VM having 4GB RAM. However, I'm getting stuck in phase 3 of the installation process.

The log-file states:

ERROR System Call failed. Error 13 (Permission denied) in execution of system call 'openU' with parameter /path/to/my/JDBCCONNECT.JAR

WARNING System Call failed. Error 13 (Permission denied) in execution of system call 'lstat' with parameter /path/to/my/JDBCCONNECT.JAR

ERROR node /path/to/my/JDBCCONNECT.JAR does not exist.

Seems something's wrong with my JDBCCONNECT.JAR? In case it's relevant I'm using IBM JDK 1.4.2 for AMD64, which is working as expected though. I already performed the following steps:

- check permissions on that file and the whole installation directories

- check weather JDBCCONNECT.JAR is where SAP is looking for it: it is!

- copied all files from the installation DVDs to the local harddrive again

- increased swap size as this was suggested in some threads I found via Google

Any suggestions/ideas what's going wrong?

Best regards

Edited by: Robert Ingruber on Feb 23, 2009 10:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error code indicates that the current user did not have permission to access an operating system file. This error usually occurs if the user does not have read or write permission on a file /path/to/my/JDBCCONNECT.JAR. It may also occur if the user doesn't have execute permission on a program, script, library.

You can use command

chmod

to correct this. To be more precise You can use

chmod 4110

This should solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was indeed a permission problem. I set everything from /home/myuser/sapcds/ downwards to 777, however not /home/myuser/ itself. After reading the manpage of lstat I recognized, that /home/myuser must be executable too, so I did

chmod -R 755 /home/myusers

Sorry, kinda confusing description..

Hope that might help anyone.

Best regards.