cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI or BizTalk ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am evaluating the internal and external integration scenarios for a large company to help them when they should use SAP PI and when to use BizTalk. In this sense, i have made some comparison and would like to share them with you. Any other comments/additions will be appreciated.

Especially SAP upgrade roadmap (especially NetWeaver) and the vendor product strategy is really important for me. What do you think about it?

Purpose: Create a common understanding of the capabilities of each integration platform

More resources with BizTalk skills

u2013More resources in total and more certified resources for BizTalk

u2013Low availability of resources for both platforms

Community

u2013More sources of information and resources for BizTalk

u2013In practice one source of training and certification for PI (sdn)

Technical platform permeates the development environment

u2013J2EE or Microsoft

Dependency on application in the case of PI

u2013PI used to integrate applications within SAP system

u2013PI used as service repository (from 7.0) for all applications

Integrated management solution for PI

BAM support in BizTalk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found these links :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/integrationsolutions-AComparative+Analysis

but still I would like to learn about the vendor product strategy for SAP PI and MS BizTalk. Also vendor lock-in effect. any comments?

Regards

Alper Celik

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alper Celik,

I personaly prefer SAP PI than Biz talk, SAP PI integration approach is very easy and support all Biz talk capabilities.My current project where i am replacing biz talk scenarios with PI and infact my client was really happy with results what we have achieved.

People had a perception that SAP PI is for SAP integration but that is not true SAP PI works really well for non SAP System integration and current implemnettaion project we integrated non SAP system and handle high load.

If you use PI to integrate SAP systems then you can save lot of time compare to toher middlewares and you can save lot of investment compare to other middlewares(as per my experience).

Regards,

Raj