cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCS queue stuck on aborted spam/saint update

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a spam saint update stuck in a queue. I have tried resetting the queue, and I have no option to delete the object in the queue.

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear readers,

When problems occur during the import of SPAM and SAINT queues please concentrate on the analysis of the problem that occured in order to identify its root cause and solve it accordingly.

In case you cannot analyze and solve the problem please open a message and send it to SAP, component BC-UPG-OCS.

Please NEVER modify the content of the table PAT01 or any other SAP internal tables. Such actions always create inconsistencies in the system. Sometimes it is impossible to get rid of these inconsistencies and the only solution that remains is to restore the system from the backup.

Furthermore please never use TP commands to import support pacakges. This also lead to huge inconsistencies in the system!

Support packages are indeed transport requests, but a very special kind of transport request that should and can only imported using transactions SPAM (or SAINT).

Best regards,

Hassen Zerrouki

SAP. Software Logistics. Development Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure you are using the latest version of tp and R3trans

And Try :

1) To delete The error entry in Table PAT01 by chooseing with the errored Patch " SAPKDxxxxx from SAP level.

2)If you dont have Authorization in SAP , login to orasid ,.

orasid>sqlplus /nolog

sql> conn /as sysdba

sql> { delete the entry from PAT01 table and 'Patch' Column }

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends what the exact situation is. In our case there were two package in the queue in STMS. I just deleted them. Try tcode STMS and see if there are any failed packages in the queue

You can try me offline if you like

jebaker@deloitte.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried getting rid of pat01 entry and spam still thinks the package is being processed. I dont think that the tepsin and pat03 will do much good as they seem to be only patches that were uploaded.

Any ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeremy,

have you found a solution to get rid of the package yet? I'm stuck with the same problem. Help would be appreciated!

Hartmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reward points if it helped you

Thanks

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) try the following.

Call SE37 -> Utilities pull down menu -> Repair Function group -> Function Group = SPAM

2) Please make sure you are using the latest version of tp and R3trans

If Point 1 doesnt help please unpack the package again by command

sapcar -xvf SAPKD00xxx

Please remove the entries related to the spam from the following tables: tepsin, pat01 & pat03, further disassemble the spam file,

upload again and try to apply.

Please do the following on console with <sid>adm user:

Run a 'tp delfrombuffer SAPKD00xxx <SID>

then add the patch to the buffer with

'tp addtobuffer SAPKD00xxx u1 pf=<PATH_PROFILE>'

and finally import the patch with >

'tp import SAPKD00xxx <SID> u26 pf=<PATH_PROFILE>'

Thanks

Prince Jose