cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set errorDelay parameter in sender JMS Communication Channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI/PI Experts,

Do you happen to have a documentation on how to implement the errorDelay parameter and other general parameters in the sender Sender JMS communication Channel? Do you happen to have a step by step guide or pdf that I can use?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Grace

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks a lot!

Our JMS Communication Channel is based on J2EE so I will be using the Error Handling Parameter under Processing Tab.

One last question:

You mentioned about parameter "Wait Time After Message Error (msecs)". So I will be putting the number of msecs here. Should the "Wait Before Reconnect (msecs)" be the same as the the parameter for "Wait Time After Message Error (msecs)"?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Wait Before Reconnect (msecs)" is same as the "reconnectDelay" parameter for J2SE. This would be the time after which an attempt to reestablish the connection is made after an error condition. With value = -1, no ateempt is made.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot will try to do some tests for the implementation of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your replies.

What I need to do is to implement this bullet point:

¡ errorDelay

The default value for this parameter is 0.

This parameter determines how long the system waits before processing further messages if an error occurs. In transactional processing, it can make sense to specify a certain time period, for example, because messages with errors remain in the queue following a ROLLBACK.

In which part of the Sender JMS Comm Channel will I implement this?

Should I put this under tab /Parameters/Processing/Error Handling Settings or should this be under /Parameters/Advanced/Additional Paremeters?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using J2EE based adapter engine. The parameter errorDelay is valid only for J2SE based adapter engine. For J2EE based communication channel, you may use the Error handling parameter "Wait Time After Message Error (msecs)".

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will find details of all the parameters here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/e7673c86d19b35e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos