cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Rule - MTO Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to discuss regarding MTO Scenario.As I try to create Delivery from Release Order in Dev. server ,I face an error "Only 0 TO of material BMSARC100100 0001331016 available" and " An item with no delivery quantity is not permitted. Item will be deleted ".But this error is not coming in Quality Server.

When I cross -check both the servers,then I found tht my checking rule is different in Release Order.In Dev server it is "A" while in QTY server ,it is "AW - SD order; consignment".

So how to maintain the checking rule "AW" in Release order fo Developement Server.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checking Rule AW will work only if your process is consignment fillup / issue process. In normal sales process this will be A.

So you need to compare the order types also in both the clients. As you are aware, order type for normal sales is OR and consignment issue is KE

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I have cross-checked all the related customizing like sales document types.I have also read the threads regarding the same. So I checked the strategy group , Availability check assignment with Checking Rule, everything is same .

As I create Order in client DEV, I got the Checking rule as "A" by which I am not able to do the delivery.But in different client ( QTY) , I can continue the full cycle with "AW" as Checking Rule.

Plz suggest and advise where some customizing is wrongly done.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur

Check the VOV7 settings of both Development and quality of your release order item category

Propably in your development server for your item category special stock indicator W must be missing and add this and test and post back

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I have cross-checked both the item categories in both the clients.The Special Stock is blank in both of them.

Plz suggest.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Must be you can clarify me in single step as I'l help you.

In my OEM Sceanrio,we create 2 sales orders & 2 Deliveries and in each order & each Delivery , there is different Checking Rule .

How is it maintained ?

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help me to resolve this problem.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to mm02 -MRP 3 VIEW - Check the availabilty check field.-note the checking group

then go to OPJJ -

THEN maintain the checking rule & this checking group combination

...........rewards..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

My problem is also the same and yet to get the right answer

Whatever Mr.Srinath has replied to my issue the settings are not there and they are not correct areas

If you happen to get answer for your issue post me too

RS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Mr.Raja's comments. The control is in item category only.

I have tested with the following changes in Item Category for the field Special Stock.

- When I dont maintain any value, sale orders shows A

- when I maintain W, sale order shows AW

- when I maintain V, sale order shows AV

- when I maintain E, sale order shows AE

So I can now confidently say that the control is in item category only.

In your case, I have a feeling that item category settings would have been changed in either of the client after creating the sale order.

You can now maintain as I stated above and then create a sale order and see how it works.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur

I am also surprised by your statements that you are telling it is Make to Order process and you are telling that the special stock indicator is not there in both the clients

According to me if it is MTO then there should be special stock indicator in VOV7

There is something wrong somewhere

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I am fully agreed with you.But I am also confused as in my client (QTY) , I am getting "AW" as checking rule and there in no special stock indicator in that Item Category.

CC:- Balaji:- I can try as per your comments but that has not been maintained in differeent client.

If possible , I can share the snap shots with you.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create a sale order now in both the clients and post the feedback. Dont compare the old orders as I already stated, after creating the sale order, settings would have been changed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji & Raja,

As I maintain "W" in Item Category,checking rule is coming as "AW" and full sales cycle is completed.

But still this indicator is not maintained in different client.

Thnks for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody provide me any suggestion regardng the same.

Best Regards,

Ankur