Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction MB01 we are trying to restrict user to only run Document Type U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In Transaction MB01 we are trying to restrict user in Document Type in Purchase Order and restriction is only user can create Document Type UB (Stock Transport Ord. )

But I am create a dummy user and dummy role and assign MB01 to that role but it is not working I canu2019t understand why? What I can do wrong if nothing is wrong then what is the solution

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Document types also use the "authorization group" concept. You do not grant access to them individually, but rather protect groups of them and then grant the access back again.

This means they are optional objects... --> which also implies that they are not the only objects...

If a document type is not protected by an authorization group, then there is no check... --> except for the mandatory objects such as the movement type to actually use the document...

This is normally explained, together with the customizing prerequisites, in transaction SU21.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: Please do not duplicate-post the same question. To keep the forums tidy, we reject such posts.