Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Web Dynpro Car Rental Example

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I completed the JSP version of the car rental application and it works and now I am working on the Web Dynpro example but have run into a few problems.

I had over 600 errors at first, but after adding some external jars from com.sap.engine.webservices\lib

and downloading JAX-RPC, (http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxrpc.html), im down to the following error:

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.tokenizer.XMLTokenReader (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)

Does anyone know where I can find the above library I am missing? Im not the only person working on the example in my department and we all have the same problem. Could it be possible that our NWDS was not setup properly? This is our first attempt at using NWDS and we are using version: 2.0.15, build id: 200511290548.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Mentioned class is part of sapxmltoolkit.jar (search in your NWDS directory).

You don`t need to add JAX-RPC directly.

To build WD project you need following jars

<i>WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_basesrvc.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_admin.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_clientserver.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_progmodel.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_services.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_modelimpl.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_repository.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_repository_pmr.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_model_dynamicrfc.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_designtime_coupling_api.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_designtime_coupling.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/com_sap_tc_graphics_igs.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/jARM.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/SAPJavaConnectivityBuilderCore.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/lib/aii_proxy_rt.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/lib/aii_util_misc.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.mw.jco/lib/sapjco.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/logging.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/loggingStandard.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/jARM.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.exception/lib/exception.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.sld.client/lib/lcrclient.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.cmi/_cmi_api.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.dictionary.runtime/lib/SapDictionaryTypesRuntime.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.dictionary.services/lib/SapDictionaryTypeServices.jar

WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.security/lib/com.sap.security.api.jar

</i>

Just make sure that you have all of them in classpath.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maksim, I had all the jars except for the security one. I still needed JAX-RPC and a few others as well in order for it to work.

Why would I need to import so many jars into my project? Do you think it was the way our NWDS was setup? I have the J2EE engine on my PC. Thanks in advance.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please create a new Web Dynpro project, which classpath entries do you get?

Armin

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Armin, here is the contents of my .classpath file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/packages"/>
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="gen_ddic/datatypes"/>
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="gen_wdp/packages"/>
    <classpathentry kind="var" path="JRE_LIB" rootpath="JRE_SRCROOT" sourcepath="JRE_SRC"/>
    <classpathentry kind="var"
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_basesrvc.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_basesrvc.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_admin.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_admin.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_clientserver.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_clientserver.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_progmodel.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_progmodel.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_services.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_services.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_modelimpl.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_modelimpl.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_repository.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_repository.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_repository_pmr.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_repository_pmr.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_model_dynamicrfc.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_model_dynamicrfc.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_designtime_coupling_api.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_designtime_coupling_api.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_designtime_coupling.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/_webdynpro_runtime_designtime_coupling.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/com_sap_tc_graphics_igs.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/com_sap_tc_graphics_igs.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/jARM.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.runtime/lib/jARM.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/SAPJavaConnectivityBuilderCore.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/SAPJavaConnectivityBuilderCore.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/lib/aii_proxy_rt.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/lib/aii_proxy_rt.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/lib/aii_util_misc.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.ide.jcb.core/lib/aii_util_misc.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.mw.jco/lib/sapjco.jar" rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.mw.jco/lib/sapjco.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/logging.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/logging.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/loggingStandard.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/loggingStandard.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/jARM.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.tssap.sap.libs.logging/lib/jARM.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.exception/lib/exception.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.exception/lib/exception.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.sld.client/lib/lcrclient.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.sld.client/lib/lcrclient.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.cmi/_cmi_api.jar" rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.tc.cmi/_cmi_api.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.dictionary.runtime/lib/SapDictionaryTypesRuntime.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.dictionary.runtime/lib/SapDictionaryTypesRuntime.jar"/>
        path="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.dictionary.services/lib/SapDictionaryTypeServices.jar"
        rootpath="" sourcepath="WD_RUNTIME/com.sap.dictionary.services/lib/SapDictionaryTypeServices.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Can u try to add xmltool kit as additional jar to your project. U can find it in the C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE71\eclipse\plugins\com.tssap.sap.libs.xmltoolkit_2.0.0\lib folder of your system.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayyapparaj, that did not resolve the errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which errors do you see in the "Tasks" view?

Armin

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

I imported a new project, rebuilt it and I no longer have any errors.... Thanks for all the input in trying to help me out!