cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a couple of questions about standard Network.

I have done following things -

1) I have created BOM in CS01.

2) Created standard network (CN01), added several activities into it and assigned the created BOM at network header level (using network component Tab). Then I have allocated the BOM components to various activities in the network (using activity component tab in operation overview).

Problem -

1) System is neither allowing me to delete BOM at network header level nor allowing me to delete any of its components assigned to several activities in network.

2) Also I am not getting any provision to attach standard milestone to activities in standard network.

Requesting your inputs / suggestions on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Virendra Pal, better use BOM transfer

The purpose of BOM is for the assigning material component to netwrok activity. BOM in PS is used if you want to assign large no of /complex material to your project.

We create bom material in CS01. & WBS bom in CS71.

There are two types of BOM basically material BOM & WBS BOM. A WBS BOM is a bill of material that, in addition to the material of the header material, is defined via a WBS element no. Therefore, for the same material no. you can create diff. bill of material that can be distinguised by diff. WBS nos.

For the automatick transfer of BOM items to network activity we have to define reference point in BOM( basic data tab ) & network activity on Assignment tab.

Once we have defined reference point, that will be compared during BOm transfer.For that purpose, in customizingtxn Cn38, enter the techinical name of referance point field & network activities.

There are two ways for it.

i) Mannual assignnment which is called as Explode BOM, (Cj20n>EDIT> Component-->Explode BOM)

ii) Automatic assignment which is called as BOM transfer (CN33) particlularly makes sense, if you want to assign largee no. of materail component to network activity & if your bom structure might change during your project planning so, in this case you can repeate the bom transfer for the changed BOM and relevent network. so, sys.avoids duplicate assignment.

if you have configured automatick BOM transfer, than we have to run CN33 after every change in BOM. so, to avoid duplication assignment.

Regards,

ANSAR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have to check about component deletion - from what I can remember it is possible

usually I do not recommend the use activity components in std networks

with BOMS I would advise BOM transfer - txn CN33 for material planning

for milestones

CN02 then enter your std network no

you should be in change operation viewselect any activity then go to menu path

Activity -> milestone overview

here yoiu should be able to attach milestone including std milestones