Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security on Field Level

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually We have a requirement to make some of the fields in not modifieble in Customer Master Transaction Code(XD01 and XD02).

The Background of this requirement is: We are using MDM for Customer Master data. In this Process Customers are created in MDM(With 150 fields out of 1000 in customer master remaining fields can be maintained in XD02).

If the user wants to change the data other than MDM fields it should be possible in R/3. But the user should not be allowed to change the data of MDM fields(150 fields).

To restrict modifications to those fields which is the bestway in Security. Please reply me.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Between:

a) Restricting the ability to create master records (actvt 01)

b) Differentiating between the central data, the company code data and the sales views of the data using authority.

c) Using F_KNA1_AEN to protect groups of fields (unless authorized to change them).

d) Customizing field status variants.

... you should be able to make some headway into the requirement to protect the 150 fields.

Otherwise, you will need to look into enhancements or custom applications.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Between:

a) Restricting the ability to create master records (actvt 01)

b) Differentiating between the central data, the company code data and the sales views of the data using authority.

c) Using F_KNA1_AEN to protect groups of fields (unless authorized to change them).

d) Customizing field status variants.

... you should be able to make some headway into the requirement to protect the 150 fields.

Otherwise, you will need to look into enhancements or custom applications.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Please reply me.

So... did they work for the 150 fields?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

If this is an issue with cross application access, can you configure the middleware integration to allow changes to the master data in only one application?

I believe in application components like CRM, you can set it up so that the master data can be changed centrally in the master system only or locally in the target system.

There may be a customising solution to this as well as the security solution suggested by Julius.

Simon

0 Kudos

Good point. We need some more infos here from Keerthi, also which middleware is being used.

@ Keerthi: Are you pushing the Master Data out to local systems where the non-150 fields should be maintained locally? This is what I was assuming.

Cheers,

Julius