cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts!

We have SAP ECC 6.0 along with EP 6 installed. And we need to install SAP XI on top of that. Can anyone tell me how i can proceed with that.

Thanks & Regards

Vanitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vanitha,

could you please explain your planning for installing the XI..

Regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can install it when the users are not working

Please refer to XI installation guide for CDs

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanitha,

Have you installed EP 6 or EP 7 with ECC 6. I believe we will not be able to install EP 6 with ECC 6 or you may have installed it as seperate instance.

You cannot install XI as additional usage type. But you can install it as a seperate instance in the same server provided you meet the hardware prerquisite. Kindly refer the note 883948

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

We have installed EP while we were installing ECC 6.0. Means we have selected EP and EPC options during ECC installation. So we can work in EP now.

XI installation as a seperate instance, u meant we have again run sapinst and select the option PI which is there. do we need to install any patches along with that or that itself is sufficient for it to run?

Please advice.

Thank you

Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanitha,

selecting PI option is sufficient

later if u feel u can apply the patches to the system

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanitha,

As you have selected EP and EPC while installing ECC 6 both ECC and EP are installed in same instance. Also the EP version is 7.0 and not 6.0.

XI (i.e.) PI can be installed as a seperate instance and you need to install it again with SAPinst as stated by you. After installation of PI you can install the latest patches to maintain it up to date.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a need to stop MMC while we are doing this or can we continue when R/3 is up and other consultants are working on that?

One more thing is, any export CDs that it will ask for XI, during installation? if so what are those.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Vanitha

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope your hardware will be capable to handle the same, but personally i would not prefer the same, as it will going to create a dependency and performence issue also.

Regards,

Subhash