cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the order status for orders with item cat TAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement which is as follows:

I need to close some open orders which appear in VA05. For Sales orders with item category TAN, the t.code MASS did the job, but it doesnt work for TAD. The status still remains "open" or "being processed".

So is there a way for mass closure of sales orders with TAD item category?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before creating a recording, first you should identify the material code or line item (in case the same material code flows in multiple line items

Edited by: mithun parthiban on Feb 23, 2009 8:03 AM

Dont copy and paste others' suggestions as it is. It is glaringly seen you have copied and pasted my suggestion above. Please have some discipline and dont behave silly

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Feb 23, 2009 8:11 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of MASS, I feel LSMW is the best option where you should create a recording in VA02.

Before creating a recording, first you should identify the material code or line item (in case the same material code flows in multiple line items)

- POSNR (for line item)

- MABNR (for Material Number)

- ABGRU (Reason for Rejection)

Once you create a recording with the above fields, in no time, you can change the status in bulk.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipthi

You have mentioned 'reason for rejection' thru lsmw. However, rejecting an item in sale order with item cat TAD, doesnt change the overall status of the doc item.

Please let me know if there is a specific solution to address this issue.

Please note that the requiremnt is to remove some orders from appearing as open orders in VA05.

Thanks

Madhu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes unless you foreclose all open items, you cannot change the status of sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already foreclosed all open items by assigning "reason for rejection" through MASS.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For Sales orders with item category TAN, the
   t.code MASS did the job, but it doesnt work 
    for TAD.  So is there a way for mass closure 
    of sales orders with TAD item category?

I have already foreclosed all open items by assigning 
     "reason for rejection" through MASS.

On your above two posts, it conveys totally a contradict message. Please recheck the sale order at schedule line tab whether you have made partial delivery or complete delivery. If delivery is made, ensure they are billed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

I guess u hav not got my question. Let me explain the requirement clearly.

We have a lot of old orders in the system which appear in VA05 under open orders.

So this actually gives a false open order value as some of the orders are now closed from the customers end but not updated in the system. Hence to clean up this mess, we took the list of those orders which need to be closed so that they dont appear in the open order report.

We have the option of using t.code MASS to assign a reason for rejection for all the sales order items from the list. When we tested this in Dev, it worked and the we got the desired result (status in VA05 showed completed) only for delivery related items (TAN) and those that were order related billing items (TAD) still showed an open status even though the items were rejected.

So now we need a solution to change the status of these items (TAD - related to milestone billing) to completed so that they dont appear in the open order report in VA05.

Thanks

Madhu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV7, select the item category TAD and check what is maintained for the field "Billing Relevance". If I am correct, it should have been B

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is I (order related billing-billing plan).