cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

In make to order scenario, please help me on following doubts.

When we create sales order based on details specified in material master system provides material available date.

Similarly when we create subsequent order for 5th sales order also same material available date we are getting. why it is so?

As we already created 4 sales order I think system should consider the time required to complete production for 4 sale order and give material available date for 5th order.

Please explain regarding this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

But As you are doing make to order if you have created 4 sales orders already then after production ,system will confirm the delivery date . In the same way if you have created the 5th sales order then as the order will be passed on to production people and once the material is completed the delivery date will be confirmed again.so the change of delivery date is possible

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinath,

Thanks for your responce.

You might be aware that when system provide delivery date it doesn't consider production activity. I mean it refer In house production days from material master data.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. In Make To Order scenario, system will confirm based on the datas you maintain for the fields In-House production and GR Processing Time in MRP2 views.

While creating subsequent orders, system will not consider the preceding requirements. After producing, production people will book the stock against a specific sale order in MFBF if it is repetitive manufacturing or co01 if it is discrete manufacturing.

Based on this, you can do PGI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for information,

however I didnt get answer for my doubt. System didnt consider the time needed to complete production for previous sales order while suggesting material available date for current sales Order.

is it right process? what could be the solution for this issue?

Please share your views.

Thanks

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

In MMR , Even though the system considers In-house production and GR time , but if the material has been delayed due to some reasons and the material is finished after 2 days then the system will change the delivery date in the sales order also.

Regards

Srinath