cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Additional Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are running on ECC6 SR2, Oracle 10g and AIX 5.3 and our HW (IBM) was desgined for 60 users and since 3 months now we have increased our user strenght to 115 users for which our server is not able to take the load.

So we have decided for a Dialog instance and our new server is as follows

HP GL380 series server ,

6GB RAM,

2 x 146 gb HDD,

Windows 2003 Server with SP2

Now my question is that can we have our Dialog instance on Windows while our Central Instance is running on AIX?

How can i divert 30-40 users to the new dialog instance?

And is there any easy install document for this procedure?

Kindly help me as this is my first time activity.

Thanks and regards

Hari Haran.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

You can refer to https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/erp-inst for the installation guides of dialog server

first do this,you can do logon groups after that

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Thank you for your quick reply can you please help me find a document to install and configure Dialog instance and Log on load balanching.

Any standard or word file could do for me.

Thanks in advance

Hunky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hari,

you can't have central and dialog instances on different platforms

if you add an additoinal dialog instance,you can configure logon groups to assign the users but remember u can't install the dialog on windows while ur central is on AIX

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>you can't have central and dialog instances on different platforms

This is wrong : it is possible !

It is perfectly possible to have the CI on AIX and the dialog instances on Windows.

You just need a shared directory between them which means, usually, SAMBA on AIX.

The specific programs (especially interface programs) have to be aware of this. For exemple, it is need to define logical paths with transaction FILE, with physical paths both for windows and Unix.

Regards,

Olivier