cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.LockException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am trying to navigate to a link in portal, I am getting the following error:

"com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.LockException"

Please help me in understanding the issue and if possible, please suggest me the probable solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Check out this link -- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/43/8A1A8ECE230C8CE10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

Check for the parameter -- sap.defaultMaxWaitTime

You could try increasing this parameter..

Hope this helps..

Thanks & Regards,

Meenakshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might help you..Check this note

Note 1113811 - Web Dynpro error page, known error situations, error codes

Extract of the above note

LockException:
Symptom:Error page is shown with a com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.LockException
Error code: 408 -Request Timeout

Cause: Web Dynpro provides a single-threaded programming model. As soon as a request for a user 
session is processed, the user session is blocked for the duration of the request, 
i.e. there is always at most one thread that has acquired the lock of a user session. 
Concurrent requests which refer to the same user session (i.e. triggered from the same browser process) are serialized and processed one after each other. 
If there is a request which blocks or hangs due to some waiting/blocking condition, 
then other concurrently incoming requests are waiting for a certain period of time that the user session lock is released. If they can't acquire the user session lock after this time interval, 
the waiting thread terminates with a LockException error page.

Solution: 
The LockException error page shows a 408 error code and the stacktrace of the thread that holds the user session lock and that is responsible for the blocking/waiting condition. 
Forward the stacktrace to the development group or CSN component that can help to understand the shown stacktrace and explain the waiting/blocking condition.
If there are intended long running requests which hold the user session lock for a longer time, an 
administrator might want to configure the maximum time for which an incoming request will wait if the user session lock is already taken. 
This can be done via "sap.locking.maxWaitInterval" parameter in the Web Dynpro default.properties (for details, see note 1012065).

Edited by: Santhosh Edla on Feb 23, 2009 7:39 AM