cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass functions in Life cycle Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anybody know if there is method using which we can create mass like profiles, or atleast carrying out a mass assignment of Phase out profiles, or Like profiles, Phase in Profiles in the Assingments table in Life cycle Planning?

We ahve the following requirements:

1. Assign 1 Phase out profile to some 5000 products, how can we achieve this other than manually assinging in the assignments table.

2. Is there a way to create 100's of Like profiles at one time?

I am looking for first SAP stadard functionality t handle this or other wise develop some custom programs to do it. But I am not sure how much feassible this is.

I really want to know how companies handle these requirements of mass discontinuation using Phase out profiles in DP.

If nothing works out, I think copying products from an excel and pasting it in the assingments table and then assigning one Phase Out profile to these products and repeating this step for 5000 products will be my only option.

Please help.

Roopa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard way of mass assignment of PI/PO or Like profiles such as, say using a selection profile. Nevertheless, you may try and use the 'Assign Variable' function within the 'Assignments' section. Though this does not give you the flexibility to assign your characteristics like a Selection ID, it does allow you to assign a range of characteristics to Like or PI/PO profiles. Let us know if this can help you in any way.

I don't think there are any standard way to mass create like profiles either.

Cheers,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinidhi,

Thanks for your response

Even I I thought, there was no way we can create such profiles using a mass method. And also the when you use assing varialble, you have to use a product range, which is not the case most of the times, since lot of unwanted products that lie in the range of 1st product and the last product that we do not wish to usee in the Phasing out also get included when you use this.

Also since there is not know way to assing these profiles using any mass methods, the least I should be able to do is, copy the products from excel and paste it in the assingments table. But unfortunately, we cannot paste more than soe 21 products at one time, and then assign phase out profile individually.

Also I never got to work the Select Block functionality. So you know how exatly to use this?

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

That select block functionality is the stupidest thing I have seen. I initially thought it was similar to 'select all' but it is not. Let's say you have 10 records & you want to select all. Then you select the 1st row and 10th row and if you use 'select block' then all records inbetween will be selected. You can then delete or copy them depending on your need.

The closest thing that I see here in assigning Like & PI/PO profiles is the 'Copy line' functionality. May prove helpful if you want to assign same like or PI/PO profile to many products. Ofcourse, you need to enter the products/characteristics but atleast the task of picking/choosing profiles can be minimized. Try & see how best you can use it in your mass assignment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Srinidhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try using the transaction MASSD or transaction MASS for this purpose?

Let me know if this helps!