cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing text at particular position in SAPscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to print text at particular position, I used Command POSITION but it is not working .

As I am using counter as Y position for a box and i want to print lines of text in that box. since I am able to position box according to counter but, texts which I want to display in box is not comming inside the box according to the counter.

Please suggest what command to use for this.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Create the box command for the window and for the text create the paragraph format use the alignment in the tabs and display.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe I'm stupid, but I always thought that POSITION (and BOX and SIZE) are only used for drawing BOXES and not for positioning text.

So you have to find another way to manage this. There are various possiblities, but not with position.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bernsen ,

You are right. POSITION works only with BOX not with text.

And also I can not create text in the another window as there are two headers of main window in my form . one is for the line Items and after completion of it tis another header which is for the another lineitems say for withholding taxes of the vendor. so I need both the headers in the main window.

Any way finally I got answer of my question. I will want to share with you all what I did:

For the first box headre no y coordinate was required as height was the main thing here.

Then came the line items . I set counter for this line item.

This counter I used as ypos for the box. then for displaying heared text I made some adjustement with this counter as if line item is 2 then I gave one line space .

whereas for multiple lines i.e. if no. of line is more than 2 then I gave 2 line space above the text to fit it into box. as my text was always appearing below drawn box.

Thanks.

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for reply.

But my problem is that text which I have to display inside box is not moving with the box.

As when the counter changes my box moves to different position , but the text remains at the same position. Is there any command to define for the text so that it will be displayed in the box.

Thanks.

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craeate one small window for text , then you can pass your box commands and text with in this window.

note: if your using custome print program then only its possible to create window and call the new window within the print program...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Try this logic.

You write your text in one window and and define your box in the other window and align them such that they fall in right places.This should help.

Much Regards,

Amuktha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check wheather ur boxes are overlapping with other,and check the X,Y positions of thew box.

Also check wheather u are calling the window for that data correctly are not.

Regards,

jaya.