cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan System Monitoring with a separate CEN system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following issue: due to performance and release dependencies we are running a CEN (with a couple of hundreds SIDs attached) on a separate instance/server as Solution Manager. So CEN is running on a SID/server and SolMan is running on another SID/server.

Now we wanna utilize the SolMan Work Centers (esp. Admin, Landscape and Monitoring) to get a better grip on our landscapes. But of course we want to use our CEN as our single point of truth and access for our monitoring data.

For this purpose I set up a solution with the CEN system in SolMan (DSWP). When I try to configure the system monitoring in my solution under 'Setup System Monitoring -> Check CCMS connectivity' it shows in the field 'Central Monitoring System' the SID of SolMan and in the field 'CEN Destination' it shows 'NONE'.

Therefore my questions is:

In general what configuration I have to do to connect a separate CEN to SolMan ? Are the any tables or IMG activities ?

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

as far as I know, there is no general possibility to connect a CEN and a SolMan with your purposes. You cannot have the CEN monitoring (RZ20) on one system and SolMan System Monitoring on another system just by connecting these two via RFC.

There are only particular functions where you can transfer monitoring data from CEN to SOL, e.g. in case SL-Reporting.

But you want something different, could it be an idea to work with the CCMS-Agents? You can just register them at both systems (primary to CEN, because of central autoreactions and secondary to SOL to get the alert data into the system). From my experiences, this works fine and has no real affect to performance of SOL, because the agents push the data towards SOL and SOL does not need to fire RFC calls in the landscape.

Feel free to come back...

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Have you set up any RFC connections in SMSY?

As far as I remember, you just need to logon to the same session as you've mentioned. then, in the next tab, you can change the SID of CEN system. Could you check that first?

Regards, Jett

andreas_kleint
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

if you got an answer to your question or found a solution by yourself , please let me participate.

best regards

Andreas