cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

All these days i have been watching SDN as a Guest and i am vey much impressed with the answers for many issues

In availability check The system checks with the checking rule and checking group

checking rule is transaction based like A that is SD sales order and B is SD deilivery like that

But in the sales order how the system picks up that as A

In t code OPJL there can be new checking rules defined

Inimg-mm-purchsing-purchse order--set up sto--here also we can define new checking rules

that means if we define a new checking rule how the system will pick that

Every material on Availability check says that checking rule is transaction based automatically picked by the system and hard coded etc if so then how come customizing allowed for checking rule?

For this a have searched entire SD general ,SD,MM and PP forums for any correct answers and i am yet to hit the right answer

Pls help me in getting the same as the system is not picking at all my customized checking rule which has been copied from A for sales order creation

Thanks

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Today i have a new requirement received from Customer

Customer would like to issue Spare part Order as Make to Order type.

But system shouldnt consider the stock as per as requirements of main product.

Based on RLT system should give the delivery date and shouldnot consider the exhisting stock during availability check

Kindly guide me in this case

Regards

malhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Welcome to SDN.

Adding to Mr. Sri's inputs, in PP side we assign the checking rule to each production order, i.e. at creation stage & at release stage. We also assign a checking rule for back ordering.

At plant level we assign a rule as well in OPPQ.

All these rules are assigned to a group & the same as you know is linked to the material master.

I hope now your able to make a link as to how the rule is picked.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinath

t code OVZI item category + MRP type is assigned to Requirement type

t code OVZH Requirement type is assigned to Requirement class

t code OVZG Features of requirement class is maintained

Where is checking rule linked to requirement class here <as told by you>

My qn is in sales order checking rule is picked as default A that is SD sales order and how that happens?

If the same is hard coded and transaction based then why is customizing keys are allowed?

If transaction based then both normal sales order and consignment fill up orders are created in t code VA01 only

Then how come system differentiates A for sales order and AW for SD consignment when both are created in VA01 if at all system differentiates

Raj sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Sharma

In OVZH , as requirement type is assigned to requirement class , In a Requirement class we can maintain wheather RLT should be carried out or not . And we use Checking rule to control the scope of the availability check for each transaction in sales and distribution.In this way a checking rule is linked to requirement class

And a sales order checking rule is picked up default as A if you have assigned that checking rule to Requirement class .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked these things in the past and my answers are...

My qn is in sales order checking rule is picked as default A that is SD sales order and how that happens?

+Note that you must define checking rules for each individual application. Therefore, you define the checking rule for reservations via the configuration menu for production orders, for example.

On the other hand in Sales and Distribution, This checking rule is specified internally within the system and cannot be changed+...

This is taken from sap help (F1). So on SD side checking rule will be assigned internally... So we cant able to chang this.

If the same is hard coded and transaction based then why is customizing keys are allowed?

Again read the same, in SD its internally specified but in other modules (PP and MM) they can assign that to Prod Order or Some PO type in STO.

If transaction based then both normal sales order and consignment fill up orders are created in t code VA01 only

Then how come system differentiates A for sales order and AW for SD consignment when both are created in VA01 if at all system differentiates

I hope that even if its assigned internally, this will not be assigned to Trasaction and this will be assigned to SD Document category or Transaction group So this will be different for Sales order and Consignment.

Hope this will be helpful to u....

Muthu

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj sharma

Welcome to SDN forum as a member

In the sales order system picks up A because , we will be assigning the checking group to checking rule and this checking rule is assigned to Requirement class .and this Requirement class is assigned to Requirement type .

Now as the checking rule is assigned to Requirement class that is why system will pickup the data in the sales order

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.