cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a software to compare 2 universes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I work for a hospital that uses BO XI R2 to do reporting from our main hospital database. Every month the company that maintains manages the data tables, releases an updated universe that gives us the schema to report from using deskI or webI.

Both fortunately and unfortunately, this is our copy of the universe to add and take away from as needed because we may do business differently from other hospitals who are using the database structure.

As you can imagine, this is slowly becoming a universe management pain, even though I'm the only uiser who is allowed to make changes to the universe. I'm beginning to need a universe comparison tool. Some bit of software that compare 2 universes and show me what the differences between them.

A quick google search shows that such a thing exists, but getting a response from the companies or getting my hands on a demo is proving difficult.

Does anybody here use such a software, and if so, which one?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Thomas,

I work for Saama, pl send me your contact information and we will get in touch with you and provide a demo as well as evaluation software.

My contact details are:

Haranath Gnana

408-209-5335

for email use my firstname.lastname @ saama.com <site rules do not allow me to add email address to the body>

Thanks

Haranath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thomas,

I work for Saama, pl send me your contact information and we will get in touch with you and provide a demo as well as evaluation software.

My contact details are:

Haranath Gnana

408-209-5335

for email use my firstname.lastname @ saama.com <site rules do not allow me to add email address to the body>

Thanks

Haranath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Effectively one of the solution is to develop an hand-made application using Designer SDK.

Another solution is to buy an applictaion developed by a partner.

I recommend [Saama|http://www.saama.com/] which is a partner we are working with.

By the way, we also are developing such a solution for the next major release.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find SAAMA in my google searches for this type of software, but my requests for a demo has been rejected by their automated responses. I'll give it another try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ever tired using vb macros ?

If you or someone you know is good with excel + vb macros or has basic understanding of the same then they shoul be able to extract the universe structure into excel by writing a little code.

All the best !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've written vb+ macro code in the past. I wouldn't know where to begin with this. Do you know of where I could find some example code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know someone at Saama and have sent them an email regarding this.

Please let me know if you are not able to get in touch with them or still have issues and I will see if I can find something out.

Best Regards,

Naresh