Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining multiple certifications into one

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my customers (ISV) is interested in getting their product certified by SAP. It doesn't use any specific pre-defined 'certifiable interface' per se. But it provides custom solution integration between RFID/Wifi devices and SAP ECC 6.0 for enterprise assets management.

The solution being developed by the ISV has two parts - one deployed in the back-end ECC 6.0 (ABAP RFCs & other objects), and the second being Process Integration / XI content for interface transformation (NetWeaver Process Integration Content - XI 7.0). If they have to get this solution certified by SAP, what kind of certification should they apply to?

After going thru the different types of integratino scenarios, I believe the following 2 are applicable

- ABAP (ABAP Add-on)

- NW-XI-CNT (XI Content)

My question is, should they apply for 2 different certifications? Since it is a single product/solution comprises both these parts, can they apply for a single certification (like PBNW or something)? If so, what will be that category? I couldn't see such a common one in the possible certification list provided here:

Thanks,

Venky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've similar context.

My company produces an Warehouse Management that comunicate with SAP R/3 via JCo, we have certified product in 2001, the certification is WM-LSR. In this year we will re-certify the product. A customer has asked us to comunicate via SAP XI.

Now, we' ve subscribed two certification task:

- WM-LSR;

- NW-XI-CNT;

We use a ICC test system from both certification.

Bye