Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation in ECS

sohailibjee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently on ECS and on SRM_SERVER 5.5

We have a business process where a Reservation should be created if stock exist else there should be an external procurement.

The reservation feature can be obtained by switching to ECS using the BADI "BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI" and I guess that if stock does not exist then the system creates a PO in ECC.

The Business requirement here would be that if stock does not exist then the system must create a Local Purchase order in SRM while if stock exist then a reservation is ECC.

Any pointers would be of help

Rgrds,

Sohail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sohail,

the reservation can be created only from the classic scenario. You should use the classic scenario by default, and controll the extended classic with the BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI you also mentioned. In the BAdI you can define your own logic.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohail

In standard SRM process Reservation / PO criteria is through configuration based on material groups (product category).

However If you want you can customize in other way which we did for our client, i.e through customized table we maintained for different number ranges based on number range it will create local PO or backedn reservation.

Why don't you suggest the standard process? However for stock procurement standard MRP they can use.

THanks & Regards,

Govardhan.

sohailibjee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

We agree that the Standard SRM process for Reservation / PO is through material group.

In our case, the customer wishes to use SRM for all external procurement. So when there is no stock a Local PO should be created instead of a PO in R/3. A Reservation is only possible via a classic scenario.

I would appreciate if you could mention the details of what you have done for you client.

Rgrds,

Sohail