Active Participant
0 Kudos

Settlement process

1) creation of AUC (manual creation)

2) creation of asset

3) mention settlement rule for wbse - a. AUC 100% period

b. Asset 100% Full

4)actual cost against WBSE.

when i am trying settlement - CJ88 ( period , Automatic) it is settleing to auc.

setting TECO for WBSE then againe trying for full settlement cj88 settlement Period , posting period, posting date, Automatic.

system says no actual cost..

bold it is not settleling from AUC to Asset...

we are not generating auc automatically from Investment program ( its manual process)

dont know what exactly wrong...

as this is standard process...

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said you had manually created AUC. The actual cost in the WBSE has been settled ( periodic or full ) to AUC by running the Txn CJ88. Now there is no actual cost against WBSE.

In IM-PS there is only one option to settle AUC to ASSET by using distribution rules (Txn CJIC).

In the case of manual creation of AUC we have to use Txn AIAB to distrubute the AUC into ASSETS and run Txn AIBU for settlement.

Regards,

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

When a WBS is deemed an AUC,settlement rules are generated automatically at first settlement.

You cannot close a Project unless it has been fully settled or been specified as not for settlement.

Project system actually creates AUC at the point a project is RELEASED

So in short

u2022When you want to settle to AUC use the distribution rules with settlement type AUC (generated by system) & processing type periodic.

u2022When you want to settle to FXA you should use the settlement type Full & processing type partial capitalization / automatic.

However the processing type Full settlement is used for the settlement rules with distribution rules of settlement type PER (Periodic) only, in to check weather the balance still exists in the object after the settlement due to debits to previous periods.

So, don't get confused with settlement type FUL (full settlement) & processing type Full settlement. (Processing type full settlement has nothing to do with AUC)

Regards,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Investment project can be handles in two ways:

1. Assign IM to top WBS only and settle the lower WBS to its higher and so on. Finally settle top WBS to FXA.

case 1

this is the standard option for investment project

note that settlement rule can be automatically generated using CJB2 transaction - there is a note you need to apply to activate this option - i.e. create settlement rule to superior WBS

But this creates problem with budget availability check.

Also Settlement rule creation is lengthy job for so many WBS.

2. Assign IM to all WBS, but then it has drawback of many AUCs created for one project.

Now I tried one more possibility:

Assigned different settlement profile to lower WBS which has indicator- no settlement, ticked. But in this case I am unable to transfer the lower WBS cost to higher WBS.

case 2

this is usually in my experience what usually happens in most businesses each lowest WBS has its own AUC and hence you settle directly to AUC from the WBS this option also allows a mix scenario where everything cannot be capitalized if you go for this option then there is no need to settle to superior WBS secondly the settlement rule no settlement should not be considered

Regards,

Ansar