cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risks when locking Prod in SCC4, but not setting Company Code to productive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the risks related to not setting Company Codes to productive... even though the Production system is locked in SCC4. Will the lock in SCC4 mitigate the risk of not setting Company Codes to productive?

To my understanding, setting Company Codes to non-productive in the Production system would result in a risk for deleting financial data. I therefore wonder if defining the lock in SCC4 would compensate for this risk.

Regards

IT-auditor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked myself the same question.

The F1-help in SCC4 says the following:

"This field should be maintained by the customer for documentary purposes."

But also:

"- Production clients and SAP reference clients are protected from the client copy tools, including "Copy by Transport Request" (transaction SCC1).

- There is corresponding protection from the automatic Customizing Distribution and other tools.

- In a production client, customizing settings that can be maintained as "current settings" are excluded from a client lock or transport connection; this means current settings (e.g. exchange rates, posting periods) can always be maintained in a productive client without recording changes. Other clients usually require a transport request."

So, i think that the client role option is more a documentation thing. But also disables some client copy and automatic transport functionality. In my opinion it should be "production" on a production system because if not there are several functions activated that shouldn´t be for security reasons.

That´s what i think. Maybe someone can correct me or give more information to this thread.

regards

Tobias