cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear's,

Can the payment terms can be changed at item and header level in the sales oder if the order has got the subsequent documents like delivery and invoice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with sale order user exit in Program MV45AFZZ - FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathi,

Appreciate your call on this issue. I will try with that userexit.

1- End user can modify payment term in sales order even though corresponding invoice has been billed causing different payment terms used.

2- Payment term can be vary in header level and item level in SO.

Therefore, it is highly needed to control and ensure that payment term populated in invoice are checked with payment term in SO before releasing and printing invoice. Also, to ensure that changes in SO are not allowed after invoice is billed.

I welcome all suggestions and advices.

Regards,

Irfan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On your second issue, we can control change in item datas compared to header datas but this will be applicable to all datas in line items.

If you want, you can implement this control by going to VOV7 where for your item category, there is s a field "Business Item". If you untick this, no item level datas can be changed but as I said, you can change at header level even if subsequent document exists. So it is better to implement this control in your existing routine in copy control VTFL in case of delivery related billing and VTFA in case of order related billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- please spell the name correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let say if we have two line items. If the check box Business Item in VOV7 has been uncheked, then I think if we want to have two different payment terms in the two line items, we will not be able to assign.

Welcome advices.

Sorry for wrong spelling of your name G. Lakshmipathi.

Thanks,

Irfan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you cannot change any datas at item level if you untick the field Business Item in VOV7. But I feel, this will not suit your requirement where you need to control only for a particular field in which case, user exit is the best option.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the header level, yes you can always change even if you have subsequent documents but for item level, it can be changed which depends on your IMG / copy control settings.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Appreciate your response.

My requirement is What is the possibility to avoid changes if related invoice has been billed? Is there a way of creating error message?

Appreciate if you could let me know the steps involved in copy control / IMG.

I have searched in the forum, But..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forums

Regards,

Edited by: Mohammad Irfan on Feb 21, 2009 2:32 PM

Edited by: Mohammad Irfan on Feb 21, 2009 2:34 PM

Edited by: Mohammad Irfan on Feb 22, 2009 5:35 AM