Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the parameter in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to navigate to "SAP XI AF Core" service and

increase the value of the "pollAttempts" parameter in NWA.

I am very new to PI & NWA.

Best Regards,

Mudasir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But we are using PI 7.1 and Visual Administrator is no longer available and it is replaced by NWA. And I am not quite new to NWA. So wanted to know if anyone can be help me in using NWA.

Best Regards,

Mudasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

from NWA --> Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> Java System Properties

then in the details box click on tab services

type core in the filter and then select XPI Service: AF Core

there you will see the property messaging.connectionDefinition which contains pollAttempts.

Unfortunately that value cannot be modified from NWA, it's read only there.

You have to edit the value from the config tool and then restart the j2ee or each single java server node.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked in NWA and it is read-only for this parameter changes. Can you please let me know where to change in Config tool. I am getting confused in there.

Thanks & Regards,

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I got it in the service com.sap.aii.af.svc. I'll change it & restart the j2ee engine.

Best Regards,

Mudasir

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

Not many have access to the administration levels of XI and what you ask comes down to administration part.

You can ask you basis to the needful as for the other part of your question regarding changes to poll attempts you would need to go to messaging.connectionDefinition and then to poll attempts as for poll attempts and uses the pollInterval and pollAttempts properties define how often and with which retry interval the messaging system tries to retrieve the listener beans from JNDI at system startup. This is required because the messaging system is implemented as a J2EE service and the message and exception listener beans are implemented as part of J2EE applications, which are started in a second phase during server startup. In the case of a very slow server startup, it may be necessary to increase the pollInterval or pollAttempts values in order to successfully start the four queues for sending and receiving the synchronous and asynchronous messages.

Rgds

joel

To find the service just open your visual adminstrator and the service SAP XI AF Core would be right in front of you.

Edited by: joel trinidade on Feb 23, 2009 2:04 PM