cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count number of records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible and suggestable to do count number of records which are processed in XI and sending log file to particular user.

Regards,

venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do great things with standard XI functions: In the runtime workbench you have the "Performance Monitoring" that show all the processing statistics.

It's the starting point even if you want to sen log file to particular user (why don't write an XI interface for this ?)

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to find a way of doing an action (sending log file by email or FTP upload) if the number of processed message is below a number at a certain time of the day.

I really don't know how I can do this ...

Do I have to create an ABAP program or is there another way ?

Does CCMS or ccBPM can help me ?

Hope somebody can help =]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I have this idea...this should work for "monitoring" one interface at a time. You could create a java UDF in graphical mapping that executes only one time and updates a counter. To count only once per execution, you could use a global flag variable in java sections of graphical mapping. If the flag is not set, you could update your counter. The counter should be in a common area...that is...the value mapping table or a property file in the XI file system (both areas are updatable/readable via java code in UDF).

In the same UDF, you could check if the time of the day, is the one you are waiting for (the time parameter could be also in a property file to be externally updatable).

Then the time of the day is reached...you could create a file in the XI file system from code inside the same UDF.

Then you could create another scenario, that polls the file system directory via file adapter looking for that written file...when it exists, XI could convert it to the mail adapter and send it to the target you define.

All the java code you need is here in the SDN posts. This is for me a simple resolution without BPM. Obviously there are other ways.

Hope it helps !

Good luck,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well it is an idea but wouldn't it be easier to create a small ABAP program (as a daily job) that count the number of messages on my interface by counting lines from the SAP tables ?

I read on some topic saying that I have to check

SXMSPMAST, SXMSCLUP, SXMSPCLUR

but the last one is not activated here and I don't know how to filter result by interface ...

So my question is, what would be the query to get the number of messages from a certain interface (if possible) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to count the number of records and send the log file to user. For this you have to do the development in ABAP in XI.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Could u pls explain detailly, how i should handle this in IR/ID, to send the information generated by ABAP program, and if possible can u explain how exactly i should write in program

Regards,

venu.