cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment details appearing in output file,though there is no data....ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Customer master

Contact person details are optional,

In the record when there is no data for contact person,i dont want the segment fields to appear in the xml file extracted from MDM.

Can anyone reply me ASAP.

Plz anyone....immediate req

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Select the tab Destination Items and navigate to the segment Contact Person Details and reset its Required property. By default Required should be set in your case, just uncheck the Required property.

Kindly update us...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

For FI vendors no Purchasing data is been given but the segment E1LFM1M is appearing,

then when this data is going out from MDM with empty tags,at IDOC creation side it is expecting Purchasing data and showing error as

Trans. XK01 : Purch.org.not entered; purchasing area not being edited

Can anyone tell me solution how to stop E1LFM1M segment generating in output xml file when there is no data in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shafali,

Well your requirement is that the segment should appear in the output XML file if data is present and it should not appear when the data is not present.Well this cannot be achieved.

However you can try with the following workarounds.

1. You either transfer the segment always or dont transfer it all.

Go to program mdm_metadata_maintain in ECC system and select the extract object and

its respective field groups.

You will find different segments there. Just uncheck E1LFM1H in the transfer column in your case.

2. Another option is whenever there is data , you map the corresonding fields of the segment and

in case there is no data just dont map the fields of E1LFM1H.

3. Define a default text for the fields of E1LFM1H. This will give you the default value for the fields

when no value is present.Once you have the default value flag is set for the field, you can very

well find out in the destination transactional system that the value for that field is not present for

that record.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

As far as I know I do not think this is possible with the XML syndication in MDM.

With the Flat syndication also there is no direct method to stop syndication of the field segment whenever there is no value in it.

Howevever there is a workaround whereby you can always include and exclude a field for syndication based on whether it has value or not in it by performing a search on the field for Null value.

However for XML syndication we do not have that option too.

So i think in your case XI will have to do the needful .

Hope It helps

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto