cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resrict taking n No. of Proforma Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to restrict taking more no of Proforma Invoices with respect to one SO.

I mean, with one sales order number we can create n (more) no.of Proforma Invoices unlike we create only one Commercial Invoice with reference to one Delivery no.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Ramesh K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

Restrict the creation of Proforma Invoices to maximum of 1 like commercial invoice

If your process involves delivery then VTFL between your delivery type to proforma billing type under the header have copying requirements as 311 (for delivery related billing)

If your orocess does not involve delivery then VTFA between your order type to proforma billing type under the header have copying requirements as 311 (for order related billing)

Hope this will help you

Regards

Raja

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved by ABAPER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My BAPER resolved by taking multiple Proforma Invoices from same sales order no.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Now my client's requirement has changed to as below:

Sales Order is created for 1000 qty, and multiple profroma invoices i.e for 100qty, 400qty & 500qty. (we are doing this for Exports process)

And the requirement is that, proforma n com.inv should contain the same numbers (invoice nos), so my ABAPER has developed a Z program where he has maintained the same no ranges for both proforma n as well as com. Inv,

Unless n until there is no cancellation of com inv there should be no issues, if at all they cancel any com inv at that time, system will give a different inv no (prof inv will vary from com inv), this should not happen. In any case my proforma and commercial invoices should have the same numbers.

How would achieve this, plz guide me.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramaratan Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for ur replies.

Sorry, I am not able to create a Proforma Invoice at all, but my requirement is that only one proforma Invoice should generate with one "SALES ORDER", though I have replaced the the copying requirement with 311.

Please reply.

Regards,

Ramu

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

I am not with SAP access right now

Give me time till monday that is 23.02.2009

I will try to test your scenario and post the findings

Moreover what process you trying Please elaborate a liitle bit more?

Order-delivery-pgi---billng

Here do you want to restrict Proforma to be done only once

Or

Order to billing straight( no delivery involved)

If your scenario is second the proforma type is F5 not F8 and according to me Between Order type to F5 in VTFA copying requirements 311 should work

By mistake have you taken F8 instead of F5 pls check that also

Let me test it and get back to you

Dear Ramu

Check this thread the final post by the friend

Forum post in ERP SD Sales: Copy control problem

Assign copying requirements at your item level (in iten category) instead of header and try

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Feb 21, 2009 10:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I am doing the Exports process.

I am creating a proforma Invoice with reference to Sales Order, I want to restrict to only one Proforma should generate (not multiple).

For that as per ur suggestion I have changed the Copying requirements as 311 in copy control setting in VTFA (OR-F5).

First I tried at Header level, with this I can't even craeate a single Proforma Invoice

Then I have deleted(311) at header level and assigne at Item level(311) , but still I am unable to create a single Proforma Invoice

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Ramu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

Please change the status of this thread from "Answered" to "Not Answered"

Coming to your issue, for order related proforma, routine 311 will not work. It is only for delivery related proforma. Perhaps you can write this logic in your existing routine (002) in VTAF.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for ur replies. I have asked my ABAPER to develop AS SUGGESTED BY YOU, once the issue is solved I will put the answer in SDN.

Regards,

Ramu

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

Copying requirements 311 assigned in VTFA between OR to F5 doesnot allow even a single proforma to be created (that is what your findings also was) so for your requirement you need to develop a routine

And we can conclude that Copying requirements 311 will work for only F8 proforma types that is delivery related hence it has controls only in VTFL at item level

And this is what stressed by Mr.Lakshmipathi too

Thanks to Mr.Ramu for giving an opportunity to refesh my knowledge on Copying requirements 311

Mr.Lakshmipathi your draft in the bold of asking Mr.Ramu to change from answered to not answered looks very odd (see it as a guest Non Lakshmipathi)

You could have drafted it slightly a better way

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You could have drafted it slightly a better way

I have highlighted in colour as to how the thread should have been !!!!!!!!! As for as I am concerned, there is nothing wrong in it.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

Do you want to restrict creation multiple proformas against sale order or delivery ??

If delivery, go to VTFL and maintain routine 311 for the field "Copying requirements" for the combination of your delivery and billing type. If you want to restrict against sale order, you can try with this routine itself but I am not sure. Need to check.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi